Monday, August 21, 2006

Into each life some rain must fall

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow:
Be still, sad heart, and cease repining; Behind the clouds the sun is shining; Thy fate is the common fate of all, Into each life some rain must fall, Some days must be dark and dreary.

Langston Hughes:
Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lullaby.

Kin Hubbard:
Don't knock the weather; nine-tenths of the people couldn't start a conversation if it didn't change once in a while.

Well... 8th Inning and the Red Sox are winning against the Yankees, finally... That's great! (PAPELBON!) Problem is Manny of course contributed greatly, which as a Red Sox fan... I HAVE to be OK with. Unfortunately because of this, I'm definitely going to get trounced by Madden's fantasy baseball team yet again. Thanks a lot Hayes......

Kate & I had a good weekend up in Maine. We had lunch with Jess Wheeler at Thatchers on Saturday. We met him at Sebago Outfiters and headed over to the Windham Mall which is looking really sad these days.
After this I brought Kate to St. Joseph's College, where I started my Bachelor's degree. The campus has changed quite a bit so it was interesting to check it out. We walked down to Sebago Lake while there, and waded up to our knees in the water.
Next we headed to my family's place in Sabattus & said hello quickly before going to the balloon festival. The weather wasn't very good, it looked like it might rain & was a bit breezy, so a dozen or less balloons were all that took to the air. We did see a few hot air balloons take off close by, so that was cool, and the people watching was good as well. I ran into Marc Blouin & his girlfriend and kids. It was nice to see Marc, and it was the first time I saw the twins.
After the balloon festival, I called up Jason Chaloux, and old childhood friend, and we met up at Margarita's and had a feast of chips and salsa, and multiple appetizers. Jason ordered some wings that were so hot, he was nearly in tears, and I had a few and I think my sense of smell was temporarily altered, in other words, they were great!
Sunday we slept well, and late. My parents fixed up a big lunch of Rib-eye steak, potato salad, cucumbers & tomatoes in vinegar, and corn on the cob.
It kind of rained all day, which put a damper on my original plan to go to the beach..... Kate and I did however made our way to Old Orchard Beach and we had some Pier Fries from Lisa's. It made the drizzle and cold air bearable. Kate beat me at skiball and air hockey much like she usually does.

So in a nutshell.. that was the weekend. I think I'll be working again next weekend (groan).

No comments: