Friday, August 04, 2006

Confucius once said: "Eating is the utmost important part of life."

I'm sorry Confucius

Sadly a celebration of food that probably doesn't resemble anything Confucius ever ate... That celebration did not take place. Next time Confucius, teriyaki sticks in your honor. The rice will be in memory of you.

Scott... Caps and I were both looking forward to those chicken fingers that you so vividly promoted! But we decided that just the two of us couldn't go to Kowloon by our selves :( . We are holding you to a visit there sometime in the future. (mmmmmmm Americanized Chinese food served by blue haired old ladies in a fifty year old relic in the midst of a waste land of sprawl, suburban nostalgia, and fast food..... mmmmmmmmmmm Kowloon). I haven't been there since I was a kid, so I really want to appreciate the full grandeur of a Chinese Restaurant so tacky and old that it's cool.


Anyway we did go to pizzeria Regina in the North End. Caps spoke of his exciting day seeing the final of the World cup there. We had gelatto at "Mike's Pastry" for desert and it was lovely. On the way back to Charlestown where I caught the train Mike and I caught part of a game of Bocce while leaving the North End. He explained the rules to me a bit, which I guess is something like curling without the ice and brooms. We also watched a bit of a local softball tournament under the lights.

The weather was great, so I decided instead of getting on at the Community College stop (the school made "sort of" famous by Good Will Hunting), I continued on to Sullivan Station. The Shuttle bus was just leaving as I arrived, so my timing couldn't have been more ideal.

Anyway... I'm writing this very late, or early depending upon your perspective. I fell asleep when getting back and woke up around 3:00. So now I must go back and finish the second half of my REM restfulness.

Happy Friday!

No comments: