Saturday, August 26, 2006

A weekend with no flavor

So Its late Saturday night, early Sunday morning, and here I am writing an entry in the blog.

I was surprised, (and I use the word surprised very loosely) at work on Thursday when I was notified that my business trip, which I expected for Thursday through Saturday, was delayed. I now will be headed out tomorrow night, and I'll be back Tuesday night. I was a bit disappointed because of course it disrupted various plans. Jason Chaloux was to come down Sunday for a visit, but I had to notify him that it was suddenly a bad day. So tomorrow I'll be doing a bit of laundry then heading over to Logan. Work is going to be providing me with a laptop computer to use in the future, which of course gives me more work, as I'll have no excuse as to why I can't bring my work with me where ever I go.

I didn't get to hang out with Kate this week as she went to go see her mother for her birthday. I had a great conversation with her Thursday night via the phone. I look forward to our usual routines to pick up again next week.

The nightmare with my dental visit has hit me yet again. Aspen Dental is a nightmare. Do not go there whatever you do. I have to write up a letter to them which I'll probably do tomorrow when my laundry is getting cleaned. I'm going to send it to corporate headquarters via certified mail. They basically didn't inform me about composite vs. amalgam fillings and the possible implications of my choice in the correct forum. I was asked on the chair with tubes in my mouth. SO I was pretty angry a month later when my bill came and their estimates were more than 100% below actual cost. They had told me composites were the norm, and not informed me on the enormous price differential. After some disputes with the receptionist, I was told, Aspen would cover the difference. Well three months later I get a bill for that amount... I called back the woman who I'd been communicating with at the locale office and she replied very non-chalant "oh, I guess corporate isn't going to let me do it." Then she plays it ignorant, much like she had done the prior time, and says she doesn't know why, etc. Well I know why... these people are con artists plain and simple.

I have to threaten to take it to the better business bureau and the attorney general's office, and possibly a credit lawyer... even though I'm not sure it is going to do any good. When I looked up Aspen they had an unsatisfactory rating through the better business bureau.

Anyway... I hope everyone had a lovely weekend. I look forward to a long one next weekend.

No comments: