Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Breaking News: Coyotes prefer Quiznos over Subway

There is a great Commentary which was front and center today on cnn.com. Collins: Why this scientist believes in God. Evolution, and scientific discovery in general should NOT deny an existence of God. They only people who are threatened by this are corrupt institutions who want you to believe that they are the only path towards salvation. There is NO conspiracy to prove or convince people there is no God. If anything science creates more questions with each answer it finds. An excerpt from the article:

So, some have asked, doesn't your brain explode? Can you both pursue an
understanding of how life works using the tools of genetics and molecular
biology, and worship a creator God? Aren't evolution and faith in God
incompatible? Can a scientist believe in miracles like the resurrection?

Actually, I find no conflict here, and neither apparently do the 40
percent of working scientists who claim to be believers. Yes, evolution by
descent from a common ancestor is clearly true. If there was any lingering doubt
about the evidence from the fossil record, the study of DNA provides the
strongest possible proof of our relatedness to all other living things.
I still claim to be agnostic. I feel there is something beyond death, and there is a bigger picture than simply our time on Earth. What does it all mean? I haven't the foggiest idea, I just try to do right with my time here, and try not to pass judgement too harshly on the M.O. of the melting pot of different cultures and faiths out there.

The idea that there is one path to salvation is something that is lost on me. As the teachings of my childhood faith says: We are all sinners, I think that says it all.

If you didn't see this, it is pretty far out. A coyote somehow ended up in a Chicago Quizno's location. Check out the footage. Coyote in sub shop

This speaks for itself. I always knew my favorite beverage was divine. I'm certain right along with Peter Rabbit and Mary Magdalene that this was somehow covered up from the last supper by the Church. What Would Jesus Drink?

No comments: