Monday, April 09, 2007

Mondays suck... just in case you weren't aware.

Don Imus... On his way out? He should be, and if I was making the decision at CBS radio, and NBC it would be a no brainer. Racism should not be tolerated, shock jock or not. Put something worthwhile listening to instead of that garbage spewed out by a bitter, grumpy, old man. THAT BEING SAID.... this pisses me off:

For Sharpton, the apology was not enough. He told CNN's "The Situation Room" Monday afternoon, "We want him fired."

Sharpton has no business trying to take the high ground on racism.

See this commentary for examples: Al Sharpton: The Democrat's David Duke

Here's a globe article discussing Sharpton's racism in the midst of the last presidential campagin: The race-baiter in the campaign

Wikipedia had the following, Sharpton on Barack Obama: Media reports have suggested tension between Sharpton and Barack Obama. According to the New York Post's political reporter Frederick U. Dicker, Sharpton has launched a "big-time" effort to tear down Illinois Sen. Barack Obama as a candidate for president.” The Post quotes a unnamed prominent black Democratic activist who knows Sharpton as saying, "[Sharpton is] saying that Obama never did anything for the community, never worked with anybody from the community, that nobody knows the people around him, that he's a candidate driven by white leadership.”

The bottom line is, Al Sharpton perpetuates racism. Jesse Jackson and that whole crew are nothing more than white collar crooks who black mail and threaten people and corporations for their own personal gain. The preach futility rather than possibility to "their community" and are nothing more than a giant anchor around the legs of all those who follow them.

Here is a nice example of Jackson's fine leadership: Judicial Watch represents Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson in claims against Jackson
Here's some follow up details to the incident described above: http://www.judicialwatch.org/archive/2006/jackson-report.pdf

Moving right along,

More bad news, Iran is making progress in achieving their goal. Our failed foreign policy over the past few years coupled with Western leadership that just doesn't seem to get the severity of the situation, has allowed this building catastrophe to occur. White House: 'We are very concerned' about Iran's nukes

Fifty percent of adults would not vote for Clinton The Harris Poll says that Hillary STILL is just as polarizing as ever. Half of voting-age Americans say they would not vote for Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.) if she became the Democratic nominee for president in 2008. Would Hillary win if she is nominated. If she has a chance, now is the time. I'm going to have a tough time voting for anyone who pushes National Health care to the front of their campaign. This is an old idea which would bankrupt our government and destroy the American economy, and honestly the economy is on precariously thin ice as it is. Giuliani is looking to be the most promising in my opinion of the candidates as for one reason or another I'd be more likely to vote some independent out of protest than any of the other candidates. If McCain shapes up, I might be convinced, but it will be a tough sell.

In Arizona, Bush addresses immigration legislation: President Bush on Monday took the first steps on the long road to signing a comprehensive immigration bill into law this year. Bush really needs to push this plan, his ideas are the best and most reasonable of those which have been laid on the table. Kicking all of the illegals out of the country is unrealistic, but preventing a continued undocumented flow MUST be done. Bush has the ability to accomplish this, and it could be the one legitimate accomplishment of what is turning out to be another useless legislative branch.
My Monday: Not much to say really. I got to work a bit late due to some delays on the red line, that and I probably should have headed in a little earlier because of a few things I needed done early in the day. I was snatched up as soon as I walked in for an in process meeting upon my arrival. The irritation of others was duly noted, however my notification of the meeting was at the end of the day on Friday and I missed it.
I didn't eat lunch till 1:30 and had a wonderful salad (sarcasm). I meant to go to the gym after work, but realized I accidentally pulled my gym towel out of my backpack when I was looking for my mp3 player this morning. Hopefully I will make it to the elliptical machine tomorrow. (sigh). I'm trying to juggle too many tasks at work on top of some report writing. The frustrating thing is right now it appears that the end will be in sight, but I have the feeling that something else will more than likely come up and derail the train I'm on.
I had some left over Easter ham for supper, and some Goya cheddar & broccoli rice. It was a delight. I've been nursing some chips and salsa for desert.
Anyway... It's time to retire from the blogosphere for the evening and dive back into "The Brothers Bulger" which I finally managed to start reading this weekend.
Have a Terribly Terrific Tuesday

No comments: