Sunday, April 08, 2007

The wind opens the sea

As usual, Newt is right on target. The Bush administration didn't do anything wrong in firing the judges, but their side stepping and lousy handling of the matter has been a disaster. Gonzales must go for the good of the country. I'm certain congress has many other useless items on their to do list which they would much rather waste time on!

Article Highlights (As noted by CNN)
• Gingrich: Gonzales credibility destroyed by the botched firing of U.S. attorneys
• "This is the most mishandled, artificial, self-created mess," Gingrich says
• Gingrich's comments point to building bipartisan support for a new AG
• Gonzales is scheduled to testify April 17 before the Senate Judiciary Committee

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/04/08/fired.prosecutors.ap/index.html

Hopefully everyone had a nice weekend. I ate too much junk, too much ham, too much candy, too much pizza, too much cookies, and the list goes on.

I visited with an old high school friend, Jason Chaloux. I met his girlfriend Kelly, and her daughter. We sat around and chatted for a bit, drank a couple of Bud Lights and watched Kelly attempt to teach her two year old daughter how to play Candyland. She was too distracted (the little girl) by a balloon which she had just got from Friendly's prior to my arrival. I sympathized as I always thought Candyland was sort of lame. It's just a tease, where is the actual candy? Their cat was stashed in the bathroom, and was mewing for attention. This was for my benefit as I'm allergic to the kitties... I was willing to see how I handled the cat, but they insisted on the seclusion of the poor creature. (I must admit I was laughing a bit at the cat's misfortune).

After hanging out there for a while I returned to my parents and watched the conclusion of "The Ten Commandments". To my great surprise I was enjoying this movie immensely. I'm sure I saw it as a kid, but was probably a bit bored by it. I really got a kick out of the voice of God. The pillar of fire was awe inspiring.


Check out the cool pillar of fire clip above. I guess the one thing that did strike me as legitimately "well done" about this film, is how the enemy was humanized, rather than demonized as is often seen in such films.



The Easter Bunny Hates You

Add to My Profile | More Videos
See the Easter Bunny rip sh*t up (above).

Anyway... I must get ready for my week!

I hope your Monday is marvelous.

No comments: