Wednesday, April 18, 2007

UBURGER!!

U Burger is a fairly new trendy burger joint in Kenmore Square in Boston where Kate and I ate tonight. We initially had plans to go to a new Popeye's Chicken which just opened up, but there were no tables, and I think after a long day at work, we were both looking to sit down. Popeye's will have to wait for another time. Now you folks outside of New England are probably incredulous, I mean what is so special about Popeye's? Well, they are few and far between up here, and word has it that they have the best fast-food fried chicken. Mmmm-mmmm!! Come ON! How can you NOT get hot and bothered over that!

Anyway, UBurger was someplace we had talked about visiting, so all worked out well. I enjoyed my burger. I got fries with mine, and Kate had onion rings, and we shared each other's fried sides. The portions were nice, not too big, not too small, and the prices were reasonable. I babbled on about "A Clockwork Orange" while I ate, which I watched last night in completion for the first time ever. I also continued to complain about the whole VT reaction. I guess society's need for internalizing this problem is what gets me. Its as though some twisted part of people enjoy the sorrow and self-invoked depression over a distant senseless act. I almost feel like we are feeding in to Cho's vision, we are likely acting precisely as he thought we would. Its a complicated and twisted scenario.

After dinner, Kate & I went for a walk, and our night ended at J.P. Lick's in Coolidge Corner where we split a sundae. We chose coconut almond chip ice cream, far out huh? It was tasty.

Well... that's all folks... I've gotta try and watch the new Jericho episode online, and maybe I'll catch the new Southpark in its entirety.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there, Georgie girl ...

I heard about U Burger on TV Diner on NECN a few months back. Sounds like an interesting place. I'll have to get there within the next few years before the place closes (the ugly reality of the restaurant business - hopefully I'll be wrong about that).


- Hayes