Monday, April 23, 2007

A Taste of Summer

FINALLY...

This past weekend was a good one. A lazy one, but a good one. I managed to accomplish some errands and some other boring tasks, however outside of that it wasn't really eventful. I watched The U.S. vs John Lennon, which was good, however it was more like a Yoko Ono sanctioned version of the Documentary "Imagine" than any thing else. Seeing Lennon's actions however is a reminder of the creative genius that he was. Not just when it came to his art, but also when it came to fighting for what he believed in a manner that was non violent, and over flowing with wit. He was able to effectively relay to the youth the level of senselessness in many outdated conservative traditions, and point out the hypocrisy of the U.S. government on multiple levels.

Kate came over on Sunday, and we had a wonderful day walking around. I surprisingly managed to get a little bit of a sunburn!

Monday work was a road trip to Worcester for some company business, and that evening I met up with Jason Chaloux, a childhood friend, and his girlfriend Kelly. We went into Boston where we met up with Kate. Kate was sitting on a bench in the park by the long wharf when I snuck up behind her and poked her in the back. She was pretty pissed off at me. So much for my attempt to be silly :( . Kate's irritation was short lived, as pizza cures all ails. :) (sorry about the emoticons.... I just CAN'T help myself) We originally intended to go to Joe's American Grill and sit outside. There was an hour wait so we went to Regina's in the North End instead. We went to Mike's for Gelato afterward and Kelly was very much pleased with her tiramasu gelato.

Jason and Kelly had to fly out of logan early this morning so they stayed at my apartment.

ANYWAY... I'm going to the SOX game tomorrow... looking forward to it.

HAVE A SNAPPY TUESDAY!

No comments: