Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Bartley's Burger Cottage

Finally made it to this Cambridge/ Harvard Square hot spot. I had a "Mitt Romney" which was a Swiss cheeseburger with grilled onions and onion rings. I had a side of cole slaw to go with it. This place is more than I ever hoped it could and would be. I can see myself heading back there a couple times! Entrees are all named after celebrities and politicians. Often the menu descriptions are complete with sarcastic remarks. (The John Kerry burger is listed as "The burger he voted for, and then later voted against")

I don't have much time to write this evening so I'll just post a few interesting news bits and links that I saw today.

Focus on getting students into college shifts to getting them out

This is an interesting article that cites a surprising statistic of 54% of kids who go to college never graduate.

Cops: Gunman robs eatery twice in one day This article just strikes me as quite hysterical.

This is a column from the Globe, which I might add is a liberal publication. I must admit I do see it being tough for Bush to bounce back from his current scenarios. I at least don't envision a majority approval rating any time soon. Bush's greatest problem is an inability to comunicate with the American people. At times I almost feel like it isn't so much of an inability, as it is just no desire to explain the agenda in any detail what so ever. Anyway here is the column.

Truman bounced back -- so will Bush

It seems an appropriate link to post after the jokes I made earlier this week.

On a slightly related topic, Scooter, Scooter, tsk tsk. All that perjury, and for what? As you may know, Woodward, the journalist at the center of the Plame affair, has come out in saying that Scooter Libby is not the white house leak of Valerie Plame's CIA identity.

Anyhow... the weekend will be here soon! Whoopie!

No comments: