Monday, November 28, 2005

Cranial Crud

Before I ease into a peaceful slumber I must write down what ever random thoughts expletives, and what not, are currently gracing my cranium.

A couple interesting finds today.

First off, of all the horrible things that could happen to people:

Girl with peanut allergy dies after kiss

Good luck to the poor surviving kid to see if he can manage to be a functioning human being the rest of his life. (I can't touch you... you'll die!!)

The Christian Science Monitor had an interesting article about the Iraq progress, or lack thereof from a soldier's viewpoint. Yes I realize the church of Christian Science has some wacky ideas about modern medicine, but their news commentary isn't half bad. (I guess the popularity of this publication vs. the popularity and membership count of this religious institution speaks for itself) I must say that I do enjoy strolling around the Christian Science campus in Boston. The reflecting pool coupled with both modern and Romanesque architecture definitely makes it one of my favorite spots in Boston.

Anyway the article:

The Iraq story: how troops see it

Work is kind of pissing me off this week. I have experiments to run, data to assemble, notebooks to put together, correspondences to send out, and if that weren't enough we are moving our whole lab to a different building, while trying to minimize any interference to our work. Oh yeah, did I mention IT shut down our PCs the second half of the day? Which made it real convenient for me to put together the data on the excel spreadsheets and what not. Oh yeah and I have to put together my "November Summary" to forward to, my boss, and half of the data isn't stored electronically yet. Two of our HPLC's aren't networked, and can't be networked for security reasons because they only run Windows 2000. In addition they have no CD drives, so I end up getting creative on the data transfer. Fun with floppies, woo hoo! Each time I try to finish up an experiment I find that someone has packed up something I needed. We have two days till the physical move and everyone packed everything up already! So much for trying to maximize the experimentation time. Grrrrr....

Anyway.

Well Good night everyone. Tomorrow is another day, as they say. Oh-oh, I'm starting to rhyme unintentionally, it is definitely time for some shut eye.

No comments: