Thursday, November 03, 2005

Soon there will be snow

Darkness is falling earlier and earlier and winter sets its shroud upon us.

I must admit I am a little leary walking past the methadone clinic next to my work building. It is not unusual to see some unsavory figures out and about. Granted it is essentially right on the edge of the MIT campus, not to mention a hop skip and a jump from Central square. I made the trek all last winter, although somehow I feel a little more threatened by it this year. I have had some interesting run ins with slightly unstable folks on the Subway, however not recently.

Soon my office and lab will be moving to a newly renovated space which will be less out of the way. This can't come soon enough. The only downside is there will now be a cafeteria in my new building. This won't help me keep the reigns on my diet.

Anyway.. Once again I find myself typing this too late. I have to write my entries fresh when I get in the apartment, but I never manage.

Before I check out, I wanted to give "A Shout out" just like all the kiddies do now days. To Jason Potts, the man who by all rights I probably should have died with. Perhaps with some higher intervention we were spared :D. I like to think it was for a greater purpose, because of the profound impact we have on humanity and the souls that cross paths with ours along the way.

I wanted to thank everyone for the feedback they've been giving me!
I admit my last few posts have been a bit lack luster, however I will work at turning that around.

News was for the most part not ground breaking and uncontroversial today. Here are a few gems I found amongst the mix.

Glued to toilet, man sues Home Depot

and, keeping with the theme...

Man sues ex-girlfriend over glue attack


Lastly, riots are always completely idiotic. But in France, wow. So In the U.S., now more than a decade ago we had Rodney King who was treated poorly by police officers, even if he was dangerous. A video clearly showed an excessive beating after he was down for the count. So unruly people used this as an occasion to raise hell, which led to destruction and mayhem. Now in France, a couple of kids, one of them a known felon, ran from the Police when approached. An a streak of sheer brilliance, these kids hid in a high voltage power station, and were killed. Some people in France have decided that this was somehow the Police's fault and so they have begun destroying random property of uninvolved people to protest. Wow.

French Riots

No comments: