Thursday, November 10, 2005

Eats, ice, and violence

Well well... Where to begin,

It was a dark and stormy night,
What? That's really how this begins!
Wednesday Kate and I got together for our ritualistic dinner, and it was a delight as always. Kate was looking quite fetching in her black sweater. We both were rather groggy and semi-coherent due to the grind of our lives, yet we managed to keep our eyes open and our wits about us long enough to eat a nice feast at the Asgard in Central Square. Some spinach and artichoke dip to start out, with sourdough bread, Fish & Chips for me, washed down with a couple Guinesses. For Kate, a Chicken Wrap sandwich, which happens to be one of her favorites. We really milked our time at the pub because it really started to pour once we sat down.

Tonight another night out on the town as I went to a Bruins game with Mr. Michael Caprio. We headed over to Ernesto's in the North End for a couple of slices before the game. Caps had Chicken Parmesan Pizza, myself, I had this ranch sauce pizza with bacon, chicken and tomato slices. It was fabulous, as Ernesto's always is.

It was my first time in the new Boston Garden (Formerly know as the Fleet Center), and my first Bruins game. Unfortunately they really got spanked by Ottawa, shamefully. 5-2 kind of pathetic. But I had a good time anyway. There were a couple typical hockey brawls. Perhaps a few more then you usually see at an NHL game. Probably something to do with the home team being poor losers, but hey, it made for good entertainment. And, get this, I got a complementary plastic Bruins cup with my medium soda. Now if that doesn't make it all worthwhile, I don't know anything at all about value.

This article delivers exactly what it promises.

Iowa woman finds dead turtle in coffee



Wow.. I really don't feel I even need to comment on this because, well, read it and find out :D.

Robertson warns Pennsylvania voters of God's wrath

After Yesterday's attacks in Jordan, It immediately occurred to me how ill thought out most al Qaeda attacks are. The mass transit attacks in the UK, and Spain, were probably the most well conceived, other than the obvious choice of the WTC. I still think the WTC was sheer luck. It was a tall prominent building, and I don't believe for a second that they knew about the economic ramifications it would have.

I say this because al Qaeda just attacked an Islamic country, in which, had they played their cards right, they probably were more likely to find allies. However they attack three prominent hotels, which provide important locations for economic, government, and global trade conferences within Jordan. They are hurting the pockets of the very people they claim to support. And the real kicker, is I think it would have been a bad move on al Qaeda's part if all of the victims were westerners.. but they were for the most part all Jordanian. Al Qaeda just recruited the United States a new ally!

There are many people in the Middle East who sympathize with al Qaeda because they would like to rid themselves of the Western influences. However this latest action goes further to show that they are extremist radicals who have no grasp of reality.

It will be interesting to see if Jordan takes on a larger role than the "training" of the new Iraqi guard, which they have been doing.

Well... I grow weary of the day, and tomorrow is going to be a long one.

TGIF! Or at least it will be when you read this.

No comments: