Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Candidate for Museum of Bad Art


Quite a while ago (This Summer?) I had purchased a stretched canvas upon which I was going to create an abstract masterpiece. After painting the background the wrong color and abandoning the project for months I pretty much half-assed (according to spell check assed is not a word) it and completed a much simpler, cruder, and somewhat unsatisfactory design. I debated on working on it more, repainting etc, and perhaps I will, but since my turn over is incredibly slow I just decided to go ahead and hang it up anyway. I even went out of my way to buy a kit at the craft store last night so I could get it up on the wall. Perhaps if I see this lack luster dud every day I'll rise to the occasion and try something new. Now I have to find a spot for the photo of barren trees which used to occupy the spot (something I found in a discount prints bin at Michael's a few years back). It was too small for the former location anyway.
Interestingly there seems to be something about the squiggly lined patterns I made that reflects my penmanship. Kate joked once that we could paint abstract designs representing each other's personality. Perhaps inadvertently I painted my own personality. I think the only reason I ultimately put it up was that it matched some of the accents in my futon, and I thought it was at least as good as half the crap they do on TLC in those shows like trading spaces.

No comments: