Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Molly is Looking Good...

My rubber plant, which traces its humble roots back to a Tewksbury Home Depot when Tim Hayes and I lived up in Lowell, is now taller than I am. It has been nearly 8 years now and Molly, affectionately named a couple of years ago by Kate, had a little bit of a spa treatment today. I gave her a trim, and a lift, and a nourshing 2 liters of water. She sports two 5 foot pieces of conduit piping which I purchased tonight to support her tallest and heaviest branches. She's graduated from the dowels I bought a few years back which tend to rot out at the base where I stick them in the pot.


How about that Rod Blagojevich? Selling Obama's Senate seat... how on earth did he ever imagine he'd pull that one off? Wow...
Looks like congress and W are bent on giving some candy to the Automakers Union. 14 billion instead of 15 billion, what is 1 billion less some sort of compromise? With any luck there will be a filibuster in the senate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember when we got that rubber tree ... glad to see it's doing so well under your care!

- Tim