Friday, December 19, 2008

Dinner out in a blizzard...and a funny article

I went out to Stearns & Hill's Bistro in Melrose for supper with his girlfriend Millie. It was sort of a last minute thing that came together yesterday and today. I was kind of out of it (tired I guess...) at supper, socially awkward, unintentionally interrupting etc. Midway through the meal I dropped the fork I was eating with on the floor. I got one from another table after turning down an offer from Millie to get another one for me. Millie was midway through explaining her thoughts about a political issue, I looked down at the floor then back up at Jason and Millie and said "go on" as I smirked and attempted to brush it off. My other bad habit was answering when the waitress asked a question with "I think we're all set" etc. It was a force of habit because when I'm out with Kate we are always on the same page and we'd talk it out beforehand if we weren't, so I can answer for us without concern. I've noticed that I've become more assertive over the past couple years, when I always used to be more passive. I may need to step back again and find some middle ground. Anyway enough of my psychological internal reflection babble.....

My idiosyncrasies aside, I think we all had a good time.

It is snowing at a fairly good quip. The town is really quiet with the exception of snow plows in the distance, and the occasional passing of the Commuter Rail.

And now finally the funny article:

Bush signs off on Clinton pay cut

I suppose I have a strange sense of humor, but I find this bizarre, and it sort of demonstrates everything that is messed up about government. Technically Bush could potentially refuse to sign off on the pay cut and keep Hillary out, wouldn't that be petty. (and funny too!)

No comments: