Thursday, December 11, 2008

Kelly's on a Rainy December Night

AND IT WAS THE BEST RAINY DECEMBER NIGHT EATING AT KELLY'S..... possibly ever!


Mike Caprio joined me at one of Boston's institutions... or at least a replication of the institution in Medford for a feast.

Caprio went for the time honored tradition of Kelly's Roast Beef sandwich. I had my heart set on the artery clogging seafood and got a clam plate. Here we wait anxiously... I was number 19, Mike was 2, apparently Kelly's counts off in intervals of 17. Whatever works.


The food has arrived in this shot, my plate is ridiculously large being the glutton that I am. The soda was diet, if nothing else, but I foolishly ordered a large thinking that the small was too small.

A certain Scott Wilkinson was supposed to accompany Mike and I, however he cancelled because of errands. No sorry guys can't come out tonight, I really have to do laundry. Well Scott, you missed out, you missed out.
A chipper Kelly's employee was kind enough to take our picture. You can see how we are just exuding joy and excitement.

You too could have had a plate of fries, or some roast beef, Scott. It is a shame really.

This last shot is really kind of sad. Here is Mike shivering in the cold rain waiting for a train to arrive. A train perhaps that he wouldn't have had to take if only Scott were there to drive him home. Instead Mike suffered there on the MBTA concrete and braved the rickety orange line back to Charlestown. But you know what? I think Mike and I both agree that the rain and the cold were well worth it. A great time was had by all. All who were present....















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Totally diggin' the facial hair! Keeper!