Sunday, October 16, 2005

Catching up!

I confess I have been rather bad at updating the blog these past few days. I had a very good weekend.

First of It was Kate's Birthday, and it was wonderful spending time with her (as it always is), and celebrating the anniversary of her birth.

The Weekend didn't go exactly as planned, an extra long wait at P.F. Changs, a pseudo-swanky hipster Chinese chain, sent us elsewhere. (An hour and fifteen minutes) After checking a couple of nearby joints we settled on (please hold laughter back) Bennigan's. It was a nice high class meal. Tim & Brandy who came down to see Franz Ferdinand with Kate and I, slugged down 3 beers with their meal, and I kept the pace. In our defense we were probably there nearly two hours.

The concert was fantastic of course (or should I say a "Super-fantastic-show"?) They were a very energizing act, not hiding that they were bent on beginning a new British invasion, complete with Beatles overtones, 80s synth, and a mission to return dancing to mainstream rock & roll.

The second of the opening acts, Sons & Daughters who like Franz Ferdinand hail from Scotland, had a dark B-52s vibe. Compared to many opening acts I've seen, they weren't bad at all.

Sunday, I eventually made my way over to deliver Kate her "Cookie" Birthday cake, courtesy of Mrs. Fields. Her roommates invited me to a Birthday feast they were preparing for her... it was quite nice. They are a fun diverse group... they all seem like good people. Despite spending my evening with five women.. ;D It was very enjoyable good food, good conversation, and mint chocolate chip ice cream-cake (plus the cookie cake) to top it off. I think you are a lucky girl Kate!

I think some popcorn is in store for me.

The wind is howling through the trees and in between the buildings in my complex. I find it very relaxing. It was a beautiful fall day, even though the sun didn't stick around through all of it.

I've been a little detached from politics or current events over the weekend. Wait a day or two and I'll have some hot air to spew out for sure.

Anyhow

Goodnight!

No comments: