Monday, October 10, 2005

Rain, The Topsfield Fair, Wallace & Grommit

Hello all...

It was nice to have a long weekend. To those of you who didn't, the only comfort I can offer you is nyah nyah nyah, and for good measure I'll throw in a pttttttttt.

Saturday I was a vegetable (probably a summer squash). I slept late and did laundry. There is a significant amount more I could probably devote to this, however I'll cut it short.

Sunday was good fun. Kate and I went to the Topsfield fair. I don't think it was quite as big as the Fryberg fair up in Maine. It was probably the second largest fair I've been to. We ate too much fudge and fried food. (I had been having day dreams of blooming onions all week). I'm actually occasionally chowing on left over fudge still. The exhibits were all fun. I even enjoyed the animals quite a bit. As a kid I never really appreciated them. It was probably because of my allergies, which did not bother me. It could have something to do with the fact that I was a total weirdo too, I'm not sure.

There was a great "birds of prey" show that was pretty neat. Quite a few owls hawks and falcons that were trained to do some small routines.

The rain actually let up a bit while we were there. The only thing we had to deal with was the cold. I found it to be crisp, and the occasional gust of wind might raise the hairs on my neck, but for the most part I was OK. I'm definitely the type of person prone to the jitters and I managed to avoid that. We definitely hopped from barn to building to barn. I had my "rose" colored light jacket on which seemed sufficient. I think Kate was wearing three jackets, I'm not quite sure it worked out as well for her :D.

Monday, I once again slept nice and late. I had two rather unsatisfying slices of pizza from the Woburn Papa Ginos, then I went to see Wallace & Grommit. It was everything I'd hoped it would be. There was also a cool short (no pun intended) "Madagascar Penguins" before the movie. It was pretty clever. It was a packed house. I'm glad that Wallace & Grommit was #1 this weekend, especially upon hearing that the creator's studio burned down this weekend, destroying all of the Wallace & Grommit history including the sets for the three shorts, Chicken Run, and the latest Wallace & Grommit movie.

The big tragedy this weekend of course is the earthquake in Pakistan/India. Its bizarre it occurred in that contested region filled with so much violence to begin with. All of it stemming from ignorance in ideologies and greed.

I'll likely look into seeing if there is a Redcross effort taking place that I can contribute to. My company has matched funds in the past for the hurricanes and Tsunami, so perhaps I'll wait and see if they do that again. The amount of natural disasters this year is unreal. Hopefully the worst is behind us.

Miers is already having troubles... ironically this time its the republicans who are likely to cause problems. When will the madness end?

Anyway....

Lets hope & pray this week goes by with some positive things happening. There is too much tension out there and too much concentration on the negative. This world will never improve unless we as a people learn compromise and understand each other.

No comments: