Monday, October 03, 2005

Monday has come and gone. Only four more days till our long weekend in honor of that Chris Columbus guy. What a reason to celebrate, a disoriented explorer arrives believing he made it to Asia. He returns to Queen Isabella with stolen native jewelry which he exchanged for plague and pestilence. But hey... A day off is a day off right?

I have jury duty Thursday. Nearly three years to the day they call me back. (For those out of towners... Massachusetts can't call you back within three years of your last service). I'm supposed to train on some new instrumentation at work, which I essentially directed the purchase of, however it looks like I won't be available. A bit of a bummer I suppose but civic duty calls! Luckily the courthouse is about a mile from work, so I can just hop back in once I get out. I'll be sure to write about those miss-adventures, (once I'm at liberty to) of course.

A dear friend has made me aware that apparently... To them at least my blog title, reminds them of the title of an adult film. Which begs the question, what exactly is this title implying? What sort of deviant mind makes that type of association? Why must one befoul the name it took me... Two, perhaps three agonizing minutes to come up with? Has our society been infiltrated with so much smut that no thought, phrase, or idea is impervious to such perversions? In the interest of not betraying the commentary of this friend I will not reveal this person's name.

On an indirectly related tangent I was thinking... wouldn't "Purple Hayze" be an excellent name for an adult film star? Or perhaps a villain in a new Quentin Tarrentino movie. I envision a curvaceous yet androgynous being not unlike SNL's "Pat". When not seducing future victims... (mostly vagrants), "Purple" engages in an illicit drug trade of shamrock themed acid hits and other lucky charms. This sexual deviant can be seen driving a hot pink Toyota Passeo listening to prog rock that is an unusual contrast to his/her flamboyant screen presence. An underlying struggle for this character is their fascination with passing gas and how it inhibits and interferes with any tricks they might be trying to pull.

If anyone has any connections in the film industry be sure to pass it along. Its a winner, it just needs the right director to bring it to life.

Anyone catch Arrested Development? The Bluth Family was entertaining as always. I find the Monday night accompaniment on Fox to be rather disappointing however.

Well... I think its time for an enormous bowl of popcorn, then read, get ready for work... And off to bed. Such a life!

The question for tomorrow is... should I have mashed potatos or french fries with my frozen stouffer's broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken breast?

Goodnight

No comments: