Saturday, October 01, 2005

"A stroll in the Parks" >> What a play on my last name! It is that type of sheer genius that is sure to make one want to vomit.

There is nothing I like more that to see what I've been thinking laid out before my very eyes. Many of you have experienced the fortunate (or unfortunate) consequence of this through my occasional long drawn out emails. While the idea of a personal blog has been something that has been a source of enchantment for quite some time, I was unwilling to move forward with it. It seemed way too egotistical or, for lack of a better term, masturbatory of an exercise for me to endeavor in.

In the past I've searched for the means to set up some sort of message board that would allow others to respond with their two cents, however I'm not aware of a forum that allows this. Anywhoo... I thought I'd give it a try. It may phase out soon enough... but I thought I would take a stab at it. Those of you looking to roll your eyes or, or distract your self from boredom, hopefully, can somewhat be entertained by the garbage floating about my head.

Today was an introspective fall day for me. I'm embarrassed to say I spent the majority of it unshaven and lounging about my apartment. The Redsox lost... I exchanged philosophical banter with good ole Mom. I had pizza for supper. (Man I'm such an interesting person! Who isn't going to want to read this day upon day upon day?)

Ultimately I decided to break free of my solitude and I went out into the world after making myself semi-presentable. I rented "In Good Company". It was pretty good... a relatively saccharin free drama that had its moments of comedy. Scarlett Johansson is in it... so that was reason enough to cough up the 5 bucks. (It’s probably the only reason I'll be renting "The Island") Typically I would not rent a movie merely because of a beautiful woman who happens to make an appearance, however I find that Scarlett brings a certain quality with her that commands my attention. Dennis Quaid plays an aging salesman for a magazine. His company is purchased by some beastly conglomerate complete with a CEO that looks like the former leader of the "Heaven's Gate" cult. In this buy out Quaid's new boss is none other than Topher Grace (That 70's show) who plays a variant of his dry, smarmy, witty, slightly nerdy yet endearing self. The message that this movie drove home was self reflection, perseverance and making sure that one does not take his or her life for granted.

Well... As it is late, and as I have had rather a dull day, I am going to conclude this current post here.

Cheers!

No comments: