Thursday, July 13, 2006

Soul Fire BBQ

Howdy

My hectic work week continues.

I almost left Kate waiting at Kenmore square for an indefinite amount of time as I got tied up at work too long today, and it was pouring out. I was running out of time and I ultimately ended up grabbing a cab to Kenmore where we were to meet to go out for supper. What I probably would have walked in nicer weather ended up costing me $11 with a tip. It was worth it however so I could meet up on time. Kate found a new BBQ place off of Commonwealth Ave on Harvard St. that she read about in Dig. It is called Soul Fire and they even have a BBQ sauce bar... Weird little concept. With a trendy interior the hipster restaurant looks poised to try and acquire a liquor license, I think they may need one as the patronage definitely suffered. It was good eating however, so perhaps in time by word of mouth it will catch on.

I had a pulled pork platter with cole slaw and baked beans. The platter comes with corn bread and a piece of white bread which a generous helping of meat is piled upon.

I do think they are located a little too close to the Sunset Grill... That's some tough competition. (largest beer selection on the east coast and a huge menu!).

I can hear the rain pouring down... It is pretty intense out there! I thought initially that I had forgotten my umbrella today, however luckily I later realized that I put it in an atypical pocket in my knapsack.

Here's an update in the Big Dig fiasco:

Reilly: Anchor bolts failed 1999 field study

Wow... A coverup? Failed quality control? On the central artery... I never imagined I'd hear such a thing....AGAIN! And by the way no adequate solution has been discovered for the giant tunnel leaks and pour concrete other than the patch and pump methods currently employed.

Now for you music fans out there...

Elliot Smith Live covering Lennon... rather true to the original (fortunately or unfortunately) You can even here people singing along if you listen closely.



Next for those who may not know Smith, here is something you may recognize if you are a "Good Will Hunting" fan. Damon and Affleck perhaps gave the often down and out Smith his flash of lime light, sadly one of the most irritating songs I've ever heard beat out Smith in an Oscar race... as seen here.

1 comment:

Living Dees Life said...

I can't wait to go out to some new and interesting and exciting places once I hit the Chicago area. My sis is DYING to take me to places.

And ofcourse Ican't wait for the change of scenery.