Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Freaky Fourth....

First the weird voodoo web site, Kate cracked this one for me. Actually its quite simple. 10-19, follow the directions and you'll get the # 9, directions being (ex:19) add the two digits 1+9=10 then subtract this sum from original (you get 9 for all #s 10-19, 18 for all #s 20-29, 27 for all #s 30-39 and so on.... All of these multiples of nine have the same symbol, as a result the game will always pick your symbol if you follow the directions. Very clever, yet rather disappointing that it was easily cracked. I'm disappointed in myself that I didn't take the initiative to do it proper on my own.

Speaking of voodoo....

Kate and I had a beautiful night watching the fireworks in Boston. We watched them from the Mass. Ave bridge. Did not get to see Steven Tyler or the Pops up close, but I'm not a big fan of Aerosmith, so hearing it over the loud speakers was plenty good for me. The location, aside from its proximity to the Hatch shell could not have been better. Another night of fantastic memories.

Back to the "voodoo". So walking home from Oak Grove tonight I had an interesting experience. Not too far after the subway station I pass through a small "industrial" area in a mostly residential neighborhood. There was a woman walking about 100 yards ahead of me with a little pull cart which I think had perhaps supplies from a "4th of July" picnic, either that or it was luggage. She was dressed sort of old fashioned like a school teacher, long blue skirt, white blouse, and had her hair in a tight bun. Suddenly she turned sort of diagonally away from the road and faced the wall of a warehouse, long before I approached her. At first I thought she was going to wait for someone (although it was a weird spot, sort of dark and far enough off the "main" sidewalk where she might not easily be spotted). Then I thought she might pull out a cell phone or something, but she was frozen, looking at this wall (seemingly) and holding her cart. At my pace, it took me at least two to three minutes to pass her, and despite it just being a five foot six inch woman with a cart I cautiously approached. She was acting so weird I thought there could be something seriously wrong. (randomly stopping with luggage inroad home when some guy is walking behind you, only to stare at the wall doesn't seem... routine, or ummmm...logical to me). So as I approached I tried to keep my pace but also looked closely at her as I walked buy. Too compound the freakiness as I passed she spun her head over her shoulder with only slight if any torso movement to look at me. More abrupt than a casual glance, it was one of those quick turns of the head, the type that a person is likely to pull or strain something when a movement such of this occurs. It seemed "supernatural" or almost Hollywood, and it freaked me out to the point where I don't think I would have been too surprised if she didn't have eyes in her sockets or if they glowed red, or say, she started spouting some incantation at me. When I got a look at her face I smiled and kind of chuckled (nervously) because I think my soul leaped momentarily if I did not physically. Her face showed no emotion but merely stared me down, almost looking through me. It was sullen, serious and stoic, and looked at me through round wire spectacles.

I believe once I passed she began walking again, but I didn't turn around. Too weird. It is likely that she was just understandably scared to be walking out late by herself, but most people, turn around to see who or what approaches them, walk speedily towards their destination rather than wait for someone else to catch up or pass, and never stop in a poorly lit industrialized warehouse lot.

Facing the wall was enough to freak me out, she really didn't have to add the touch of turning around like some sort of possessed specter. eeebie jeebies.....

Parts of me still felt like I should have said "are you alright, do you need to call someone for a ride," etc... etc... But then the little voice within tells me I made the right move by continuing on my merry way.

The weekend was good... I celebrated my dad's birthday with my parents, and then met up with Tim, Brandy, John, and Michelle at Rosie's on Monday Night. It was a tight schedule, and I would have liked to met up with other friends, Jason Chaloux in Lewiston, and Jess in Portland, but it just didn't come to fruition. Some time soon I will make up for it.

Well, not too much more to report from here... or rather its too late right now, so I'm headed to bed!

Have a good week all!

-George

No comments: