Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Tuesday Afternoon....

I'm just beginning to see, now I'm on my way
It doesn't matter to me, chasing the clouds away.

Something, calls to me,
The trees are drawing me near, I've got to find out why?
Those gentle voices I hear, explain it all with a sigh.


My day was a fairly decent one. Work went off without a hitch. I think I may have discovered a clue which may point us in the direction of solving a problem at work.
That pleased me greatly even though it was inconclusive.


There were people working late today in the cell culture group. Usually I'm the only one still around past six. I've been getting in earlier this week which is a trend I plan to keep going. Monday I actually did leave at 5:30, however I was exhausted upon getting back into the apartment. I fell asleep during the Red Sox game. I definitely needed the rest I got however.


I'm looking at myself reflections of my mind,
It's just the kind of day to leave myself behind.
So gently swaying through the fairyland of love,
If you'll just come with me you'll see the beauty of

Tuesday afternoon, Tuesday afternoon.

To make it a decent day through and through, I decided I was going to do groceries and get myself a treat. Yesterday I noticed "chicken" or small lobsters were on sale at Shaws Supermarket for 6.99/lb. I resolved upon arriving in Melrose, that I was going to head over to the local Shaws and get myself all of the key components for a little spur of the moment summertime feast. Corn on the cob, some bread, and the lobster of course. (I also stocked up on my healthy choice and smart choice frozen dinners for work... I'm vowing not to buy cafeteria food this week) I had them steam the lobster right in the grocery store so I wouldn't have to deal with it at home. It's ideal, because they just charge you meal tax on top of the regular price. For an extra 70 cents or so I had my l.4 lb lobster scalded red and bagged up. I thought it would be amusing to ask the woman at the fish counter to "put my lobster to sleep" before boiling it to give it a more humane death, however I held back. If you rub a lobster's head/back it sort of numbs them or gives them some sort of concussion. My dad used to do it to amuse me, and/or keep them from struggling so much when he dropped them in the pot. I doubt that would please the B-52s or Mary Tyler more however. Bottom dwellers have feelings too... but they sure are tasty in some melted butter mmmm mmm.

Tuesday, afternoon,
I'm just beginning to see, now I'm on my way.
It doesn't matter to me, chasing the clouds away.
Something, calls to me,
The trees are drawing me near, I've got to find out why?
Those gentle voices I hear, explain it all with a sigh.
-The Moody Blues
Jon Lester, Awesome: Great game tonight for the sox, one I didn't fall asleep to. I messily consumed my crustacean while watching Lester and Papelbon combine their talents to pitch a one hitter. Its a beautiful thing. What better way to end such a great day?

2 comments:

Living Dees Life said...

mmmmmmmmm, lobster smothered in butter. yummy yummy. do u prefer regular or garlic butter? i do the garlic. even better!

George N. Parks said...

hmmmm.... never tried the garlic. Being a "Maine" native, I'm a bit of a purist, but I'll have to give it a try.