Thursday, September 14, 2006

Dok Bua


I guess that Whitney and Bobby just couldn't divide up the CRACK evenly as of late. Such a shame.

Kate and I ate at a funky little Thai joint just outside of Coolidge Corner in Brookline tonight called Dok Bua. I really dug the atmosphere and I thought the food was really good. I'd rank it second only to Brown Sugar Cafe for Thai food in the area. The restaurant had a very quirky decor. My favorite item was a rather barren looking fish tank with an asian eel-like fish swimming around. On top of the aquarium were two porcelain dolls which were wearing only pink and blue lamp shades. The woman's porcelain chest made that statue top heavy, while the man had sort of a beer belly with a small erect peter. I pointed it out when we walked in to Kate but she didn't notice the amusing obscenity because of all things "a leaf" was blocking the view of the crown jewels.

Here's a little review of the place. To the right I've included a picture of one of the nifty plates that our combo dishes were served on. The person appears to have already eaten their spring rolls which should have been accompanying the dish of sauce. Gluttons.

The food seemed quite healthy, not over fried. The soup had a little too much of a tomato base to it (I still enjoyed it), but other than that everything was excellent.

http://www.hiddenboston.com/DokBua.html

Well... I think I'm going to cut this short because it is past my bed time and that's saying a lot.

No comments: