Sunday, September 24, 2006

Leisure on an overcast weekend

This weekend was a simple leisurely one highlighted by Chinese food take out and a walk in the warm early fall weather. I wish it could have lasted longer.

I have, as usual, a busy week ahead of me. I have to assemble data on a recent experiment, and I'll likely be presenting it on Thursday.

I'm really at a lack of words right now... or I'm feeling a bit un-inspired because it is late, and I really need to head to bed so I can be ready for the new week.

Here's an amusing example of Fundamentalism at its finest in America:

Falwell: Hillary Clinton beats devil in drawing No votes

Here's another fine example of why we should make a gamble at reprimanding the current Republican house and senate.

Candidate: Dems must stop GOP plans for Social Security

While I agree with the idea that we should have more control over our retirement plan... I strongly disagree with this particular action. We already have a government regulated retirement plan which has its foundations in stock market investment. It is called 401k, and right now it is under utilized, and individuals are too restricted when it comes to controlling their plans. FIX THIS.

Social Security has enough monetary problems, and it will go bankrupt without taking money out of the coffers for private investment. The idea of privatizing part of it may be appealing to younger generations, however elder generations who have been putting money into this system their entire life will be hurt by a lack of funds. The current retirees rely on current workers to fund their benefits. If the resources are already stretched thin, and we have a growing elderly population, and shrinking work force... HOW is this going to work? It isn't going to, it's nothing more than another set of lies that Bush and company is distributing in order to help corporate America and investors.

To play devils advocate, Democrats do need to address the future problems with Social Security.

And leading up to the election an interesting article:

GOP Keeping President Bush Under Wraps During Campaign Season

No comments: