Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Clarification

I warned you it was venomous... deep in the dark recesses of my mind... well actually it's more like front and center.

I will apologize if my posting was in any way shape or form interpreted as anti-Christian. I DID however intend to make a mockery of Bush's Christianity. I know Bush may feel he is doing the right thing, and I know he also feels that he is a good Christian, but it is MY belief... (If I remember my CCD) that the fundamentals of Christianity are very much against what Bush has done. Precedence however shows that this is just another of many battles of ideology, that have occurred over the past 2000 years... that stand in stark contrast with the teachings of Christ.

The following article.... which I wish wasn't published by the Washington Post.... anyway the following article is a good explanation of the contradictions of the Iraq conflict with Christianity.

To perhaps lure you into taking a look, some info on the writer: "On Faith" panelist Miroslav Volf holds the Henry B. Wright Chair of Theology at Yale Divinity School and serves as Director of the Yale Center for Faith & Culture. A native of Croatia, he studied at the Evangelical-Theological Faculty in Osijek, Croatia before earning his Masters degree from Fuller Seminary in Pasadena, California

Iraq War Not A Just War

Explaining a little on what I see as hypocritical American Policy... here is a CONSERVATIVE... and it's sort of sad when lately Buchanan is one of the few who seems to have common sense. The following article forces on Bush's endorsement of Israel's recent over zealous attack on Lebanon, a Lebanon that only recently was pro-American. I wonder where they stand now?

Where are the Christians?

One point in the article is how sadly, only Pope Benedict seems to be leading the charge against the Bush Doctrine which has been based on poorly thought out strategy, rather than justice.

John Paul in the Early throws of the war: "Iraq war Threatens Humanity"
In this same article a cardinal eludes that this is the beginning of WWIII.

New Pope Benedict XVI a Strong Critic of War
As a Cardinal, the new pope was a staunch critic of the U.S. led invasion of Iraq. On one occasion before the war, he was asked whether it would be just. "Certainly not," he said, and explained that the situation led him to conclude that "the damage would be greater than the values one hopes to save."

So on this issue, the Pope, who is supposed to be the infallible head of the Catholic Church, the Christian Church that started them all, on this Issue I think the Pope is quite clear about how "Christian" the actions of our current administration are.

An additional statement made in my prior post which should not come as a surprise to anyone who knows me is that I am pro choice. I think abortion should be discouraged, and prophylactics should be encouraged. Additionally if legislation was created to ban late term abortions, except in circumstances where a mother's life was in danger, I would support this too... however when "partial birth abortion" bills are introduced, they are NEVER clearly defined, and are left vague so that legislators can later go in and ban abortion as they please. This is misleading and wrong.

I understand this is a difficult issue for people, and that generally NO minds will be changed. I have my reasons, and they probably can not be reconciled by people who believe that an undeveloped embryo is a human being. Previously abortion was not a key issue, however Bush ran on the platform that he would NOT seek to over turn Roe vs. Wade. His behavior in office has been a stark contradiction to this. I believe women should have the right to make their own decisions with their own bodies... and I don't think any government has much right to infringe upon this. Our current lot of candidates for President are not shying from the abortion issue. I did not consider opinions on this prior to 2008 as crucial because popularists would not touch it. This is no longer the political climate in Washington and I will exercise my opinion appropriately. If I have to end up voting for Ralph Nader (God I hope not........) I WILL.

One thing I don't understand, is how there are many people out there who can care so much about a undefined mass of cells growing inside a woman, with no conscious though or ability to survive with out the specific life support of this woman........ but then is indifferent to massive casualties of innocent civilians who we are supposed to be "liberating". You can't argue about whether these are conscious beings or not.

So.... I don't know if that helps or makes my incendiary remarks even worse, but this is what I believe.

IF we had conclusive evidence that Saddam Hussein had a strong military force threatening the region, that we hadn't already destroyed. IF we weren't already fighting a battle in Afghanistan which needed more of our attention..... THEN maybe this all would have made more sense. I understand Bush's Vision, it however was not well thought out or planned. Cultural impact was disregarded and influence over Iran was paid little heed, and now we are paying the price on multiple fronts. The proof is in the pudding.... whatever that means.

In a bit of irony today Chemical warfare was used in Iraq by the insurgents. So Iraq did not have a functional chemical warfare ability when we invaded..... but guess who's been in school!!!
Scores choke in poison gas attack

No comments: