Tuesday, February 20, 2007

My Weekend, & My Radicalism

Let me start with my Weekend.

It was a pleasant one overall but extremely lazy. I still didn't do my taxes which I've been putting off. I went to Rani's in Brookline for supper on Saturday night with Kate & her friend Kevin who was visiting from Mississippi. He had a conference in the area and extended his stay a couple days to say hello.

On Sunday Kate came over and we went to the Border Cafe on Rt. 1. I rear ended some dude in a Chrysler Minivan getting on to Rt. 1. I was a wee bit pissed off but I think it was more traumatic for Kate. There was no damage and so we went on our merry ways, no harm, no foul. He had pulled out, at the end of the ramp and started to take off. As a result, I immediately looked over my shoulder and began merging, because there were no cars approaching. Unbeknown to me, he stopped again... so I gave him a pretty good bump. Anyhow he was really cool about it. I think he understood my mistake... (It's one I've made before several years back).

Anyway our food was quite good, I had crawfish & shrimp enchiladas and Kate had a chicken enchilada and a taco. We had some toffee bar crunch ice cream for desert back at my apartment.

I'm looking forward to my Wednesday meal with Kate already... it can't come soon enough.

WARNING: VENOMOUS POLITICAL RANT

I know it probably doesn't make me a good "Patriot" but I believe that the terrorist attacks in Iran detailed in the article were the work of the U.S. When I first heard about this bombing... I just assumed that it had to be U.S. sponsored guerrilla warfare. It is a prime example of how United States Foreign policy regarding "terrorism" is severely flawed and extremely hypocritical. Kind of makes it tough to criticize Iran for funding the Shiites when we try to destabilize their nation with the same tactics. With the 2008 election we need to clean house and get every remaining vestige of the morally bankrupt administration that is in power out of D.C.

Article: Iran hangs man convicted of Revolutionary Guards attack

I'm dead set against most Democrat domestic policies, namely government run health care.... but if I have to I'll vote for Hillary over a Romney whose campaign is run by Bush cronies... or a McCain.. who is grasping for straws. Suddenly he's anti-Rumsfeld (now that its popular) and pro-life (since he needs to be to win the GOP). Apparently he thinks he can have his cake and eat it too. I'd probably consider voting for Rudy... but lets face it he doesn't have a chance in hell to win the primary.... because he isn't quite as in touch with God as he needs to be. I mean after all we need a good Christian man like W running the country.

The current administration, while they've kept our economy in check they've destabilized the world in away that makes my blood run cold. I admit I was blinded by the post 911 response which at the time seemed responsible. But on the eve of the Iraq invasion... it was apparent that something had gone terribly wrong.
Foreign policy is much more important next election cycle than anything else. If things don't change domestic policy will no longer matter when it comes to judge our economy or quality of life..... it will be the state of the World playing a much bigger part in North American affairs.

No comments: