Monday, February 26, 2007

An Unusual Kind of Thought

The following is a video created by an autistic woman, intended as a statement on how misunderstood autistic people are. She explains about her interaction with her environment as being her way of thinking and interpretation. The clip is meant to express that while it may be difficult for one another to truly under stand each other, that we should all work hard at it in the interest of humanity. Half of the video is described as being in "Amanda's Language", where as the second half is a declaration on her ability to think intelligently and how she is often misunderstood.

It is an excellent clip, well put together and I recommend anyone with interest in people to take the time to watch it.




The closing moments of my weekend:
On Sunday evening Kate & I went to the Bangkok Bistro in Cleveland Circle which is at the end of the C line in Brighton. Kate actually is walking distance from Cleveland Circle, so I drove straight from Maine to her apartment, and we headed out with our bellies growling. Kate had Chicken with basil. I had Beef in Oyster sauce, which had mushrooms and scallions in it. I additionally ordered some Tom Yum soup, which is a Thai variant on hot & sour soup. It was fantastic, and was almost better than the main course itself. The broth was light with a slight zing to it, and it was loaded with mushrooms cooked perfectly so that they were not too soft. Two massive shrimp were buried beneath the broth and mushrooms which served as a pleasant surprise. Kate and I had gone there a long time ago. I don't recall what I ordered last time, probably cashew chicken, as I was likely new to the Thai scene at that point. Anyway this meal was certainly delicious. While the Brown Sugar Cafe is still my favorite Thai restaurant around, this definitely gave it a run for its money. Kate & I then walked to Herrell's on Commonwealth Avenue and split a sundae. The place was filled with college kids studying with their lap tops. I have to admit I was a bit envious looking at them. Any way Kate provided a wonderful end to a nice weekend... I think she's cooking pasta Wednesday. I'm looking forward to it already.

No comments: