Thursday, March 23, 2006

Mmmmm cough syrup...

Who am I kidding, I don't use cough syrup so it's no excuse, I don't think chloraseptic counts.

I have this fantasy...
And in this grand dream I march through the streets of the city.
I march as though I were the only person in the world that mattered.

Cars repel from me and other pedestrians yield to my existence...

No scratch that, lets start again.

I have this fantasy...
And in this grand dream I march through the streets of the city.
Soon others join me and together we spread peace and love to the...

No.. way too corny... and way too much purpose, what the hell was I thinking? What kind of piss poor fantasy is that?

Third time is a charm they say.
I have this fantasy...
And in this grand dream I march through the streets of the city.
I march without a constructive purpose or destination...
I march with a skip in my step, and an energy in my breath that can't be contained.
I march, and others join me.
I march, we march and we exhilarate in our existence, cherishing each step,
cherishing each breath,
soaking in each fleeting moment,
each glimpse of the curious on looker
each smile or scowl that appears before us.
The energy builds with in the pit of our gut surging through our bodies and bubbling over.
The pressure builds
In order to release this positive energy we begin to chant. What we chant is insignificant, but in my dream, in my fantasy..... we repeatedly yell
"Bananas!"
It simmers at first, but eventually builds into an exalting crescendo of passion.
Some of us pump our fists, others of us flap our arms.
We can't be stopped.
Many souls too disgruntled and lost in their own repressed and weary world see us and are disgusted. But a few decide to join us, and with each block, half a dozen becomes a dozen, then fifty, then hundreds.
We are ecstatic with the total lack of purpose in our activity, and are high on the response of others, be it positive or negative. We don't care, we thrive on the meaningless abandonment of our daily reservations.
A chance to act unconventionally despite what consequence it brings... and the thing is, some people get it. Some don't, and some are simply jealous that they too can't escape themselves.

BANANAS BANANAS BANANAS BANANAS BANANAS
:D

all work and no play make.... (fill in the blank)

No comments: