Monday, June 19, 2006

SUMMER WEEKEND!!

I had a really nice weekend, and I hope everyone else did.

My poster went over OK at the company meeting Friday. For those of you who don't know, I had to put together a presentation on some of my work. There were 150 or so posters or presenters, and it was held at a function at the copley Marriott. The meeting was encouraging and the food and EtOH enhanced beverages were a welcome dessert for my busy week.

I got home Friday, and passed out. I really needed the rest and so it was nice. I slept until noon or so on Saturday.

Saturday Tim Hayes, and Brandy Rogers, friends of mine from Saint Joseph's College, were in town to see Brandy's friend Jill. We met up, which was very impromptu, for lunch at "Game On" the new bar & grill which is located right inside of Fenway park across the street from the old standard "The Cask and Flagon". The prices were a little on the high end, but the portions matched the amount of dough you shelled out. You could totally go there and share one entree with another person. Brandy got a small "Nachoes" and it was pretty much enough to feed... well four of us at least. Brandy's friend Jill was pleasant. The World Cup was on in lieu of the Sox for a change. Jill's husband is Brazilian, and a huge soccer fan (or football for you purists). She made a lot of comments on the tournament. The U.S. Italy game was on. There were a decent amount of fans following, and a surprising majority were actually U.S. fans. I got to see the amusing first U.S. goal, made accidentally by an Italian, whoops.

After Lunch we walked to Downtown Crossing, and stopped at J.P. Licks enroute. I had Cookie Batter on a sugar cone, it was quite nice. Hayes drank a lot of water and complained about a distended stomach or something along those lines.

I met Kate back at my apartment at 7:00 shortly after parting ways with Jill, Brandy & Tim. After lounging for a little while in the air conditioned shelter of my living room, we decided to go for a walk. Our first stop was for ice cream. Yes I had MORE icecream (tee hee hee). I had a chocolate frappe, Kate had a cone, but I forget the flavor. Kate's ice cream tastes are considerably more diverse than her tastes for sandwiches. Next we trucked through the damp air heavy with impending summer rain, to the Foodmaster in Melrose. The plan was to get a nutritious breakfast, namely M&M cookies. Instead we became giddy with the idea of getting these whoopie pies decorated to look like Cookie Monsters. They had frosting eyes with M&M pupils, and the hair was made with blue sprinkles. The Whoopie pie halves formed the respective jaw or mouth portions. A cookie was appropriately placed in the cream filling between the halves to make it appear that the Cookie Monster was eating it. It was starting to rain when we left, but Kate and I estatically frolicked back to the apartment with our exciting purchase.

Sunday, after of course consuming the Cookie Monster pies, we went to Newburyport and walked around the historic buildings in its town center. It was hot, but beautiful out despite this. I think I got a little hot and tired though, and unfortunately I was kind of a jerk and was fussy and cranky about where we ate lunch. I apologized to Kate later for being a pain. We went to an Italian deli, and I had a small Italian sub with various types of salami (exotic huh? This simpleton could barely handle it) and Kate had a turkey sub. They were nice sandwiches, although being the ass I am, I found things to complain about. I'm such an Idiot! :D

From there we drove to Plum Island, it reminded me a bit of Wells Beach, but the beach was no where near as nice. There was actually a hazard sign behind the breakwater posted by the board of health. It is probably due to all of the effluent from our intense late spring rain. Kate and I walked past the breakwater to the "oceanside" beach. I think swimming was OK here although I only saw a couple of brave souls. There were however many people walking, sunning, having picnics, and fishing. I got my feet wet a few times, and Kate and I spent most of the afternoon lying about the sand.

It was a beautiful day. Thanks Kate! I drove Kate back to her apartment, as we exchanged our goodbyes the one mosquito in all of Brookline bit me (JERK!). Sadly this mosquito is no longer with us. I'm sure I'm probably going to die in a few days of some funky mosquito plague so its been nice knowing everyone. :D

ANYWAY....

I hope everyone has a good Monday!



I don't think this description really describes me but, I've always thought of myself as sort of a Charlie Brown... so its a coincidence.


What Cartoon/Comic Character best describes you?

Charlie Brown

Life just isn't fair is it? Poor you. Life keeps getting the best of you time and time again. At heart you are as kind and as nice as one could ever ask for in a friend, but you have become somewhat of a doormat. Your friends seem to keep abandoning you (that is, if you even have any left) and no one else seems to be any good. You need to lay down a little more authority and stop letting people walk all over you. And if that fails, at least you have your books.

Personality Test Results

Click Here to Take This Quiz
Brought to you by YouThink.com quizzes and personality tests.

No comments: