Friday, June 30, 2006

We're all Ziggy

Unhip yet unbowed, Ziggy turns 35

Ziggy is sort of amusing, I found it sad however that the ziggy creator is in a nursing home. Its too bad the Ziggy royalties can't pay for some hospice nurses and allow the guy to reside in a home. Hopefully its a nice nursing home, more like assisted living apartments.

http://www.milaadesign.com/wizardy.html

You've got to check out this site (above)... I think some spirits read your mind or something ;D It is really weird. The only way I "messed the site" up is if I didn't follow directions, or if I did my math wrong.

If you crack this code... I've love to hear how it works.

Happy Fourth everyone!

To celebrate U.S. Independence Day I thought I'd post this article about how we snub the rest of the world in terms of Sports Entertainment.

World Cup a big yawn in soccer-hating US

"If America hadn't been founded by the pilgrims leaving ... to seek freedom of religion, a few hundred years later America would have been founded by the pilgrims seeking freedom from soccer," wrote Rollie Robinson of Portland, Oregon.

Actually the Cup is garnering a lot of attention here in Boston, although I'm willing to bet its just being in the proximity of the city, immigrants, and the schools and colleges. Tonight I noticed couple of stores in the mall had "Brazil" themed window displays and one wasn't even a "sporting goods" store.

Hey Jens? Did you get to any games?

Anyhow... as Bushie likes to say...

May God Bless You, and may God Bless the United States of America!
(Isn't that technically taking the lord's name in vain by definition?)


I saw some great graffiti in Cambridge today that simply said "Bombing for peace". I was wondering how many people (likely tourists from RED states for the most part....) miss the sarcasm of the message. The "o"s appear as peace signs to drive it home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

World Cup Craze!

The whole world is upside down, except for one country - The U.S. of A.

Tickets were already sold out way ahead of the games - they had to start a lottery to distribute them fairly! I didn't get any.

Germany is doing well, we knocked Argentina out last night. Millions on the street, patriotism, flags, whatnot. Craziness!

Anonymous said...

Glad you appreciated my art. Peace,

-Nobody