Monday, November 20, 2006

Monday, Monday.... can't beat that day

Have to catch an early train
Got to be to work by nine
And if I had an air-o-plane
I still couldn't make it on time
'Cause it takes me so long
Just to figure out what I'm gonna wear
Blame it on the train
But the boss is already there

It's just another manic Monday
I wish it was Sunday
'Cause that's my funday
My I don't have to runday
It's just another manic Monday

Yeah... I know, I know, but it seemed fitting. And Sundays piss me off by the way, it is of course their close proximity to Monday.

Kate met me in Central Square tonight after work and we went to Mary Chung's for Chinese food, just like the old days when we used to go to Salsa dancing class. I sort of miss the dancing class in a way, even though I struggled a lot with this one suzy-q dance step. The food at Chung's always promises to have real zing. It is without doubt the spiciest Chinese food I've ever had. I would definitely put it in the top ten Chinese food establishments in the Boston area too. It has a real cozy atmosphere that allows for a great evening of conversation.

I've been taken in the past couple of days with my Chris Hayes's political blog. Chris is the brother of my friend Tim. Tim let me know about it knowing I have a bit of a thing for politics. I try to keep my posts in here politic-light for the most part, although I do have my moments. I don't want my blog to be too divisive.

http://c-hayes.blogspot.com/

Chris is very very right wing. I think his site attempts to take the pulpit in order to assemble like minds, more than it does seek to convert. If you enjoy political commentary, and you enjoy a good debate, I think you should check it out. If you dissent at all from the GOP platform, I'm sure you'll find something to really think about.

I weighed in a bit on embryonic stem cell research over the last couple of days. Take a look in the comments on his site. (link is above)

I consider myself a fiscal conservative, and social liberal... so neither party really fit my needs. I honestly find that their platforms are strange, and that they contradict themselves.

Democrats tend to support the ACLU and other libertarian ideals such as a pro choice agenda, but then they tote censorship, political correctness, social programs that take away independence etc.

The Republicans claim to support lower spending small, government, less bureaucracy and stand against federal regulation. Republicans support libertarian ideals like the right to bear arms, but then they want to impose various legislation which often blurs the separation of church and state. Additionally, as of late, they are not fiscally conservative.

So I struggle to find a direction in the mess.

No comments: