Monday, November 06, 2006

When I'm stuck with a day, that's gray, and lonely

I'm so excited... and just can't hide it... I know I know I know...

Actually I don't know any more of these lyrics..... but its election day. It's like Christmas, but instead of candy we can all anticipate lumps of coal in our stockings. Its just a matter of checking out the quality of that coal. How efficient is it? Does it burn fast or slow? Does it bring a fire storm with it? Is it perhaps tough to light? Perhaps it will just give off a lot of pollution and not much else?

ONLY time will tell.

But... I will be going home early tomorrow to vote, and I will be staying up late to start and get some off those exit polls.

To make good for the following rant, please see the clip of an adorable bunny at the end of the post.

WARNING: The following is a rant, things will be said, streams of consciousness will be spewed.

Exiting the gym tonight I saw a bunch of students reminding me to vote for Deval Patrick, or in my case not to vote for Deval Patrick. I'm old enough to remember what Massachusetts used to be like before it had a system of check and balance. There is a slight chance that Patrick will be reasonable... but it is VERY slight. This could bring back the taxachusetts that the entire country used to laugh at.

I'm always completely baffled by people who waste their precious time campaigning for democrats in Massachusetts. Its like performing rain dances in Seattle or London... anyway I digress.

Patrick is campaigning saying that the Massachusetts economy has problems right now. This really is a crock of sh*t. The Massachusetts economy went through some rough times, and with Romney's leadership came out on top of the pack. While not perfect, Massachusetts's economy leads the national average in growth, although you wouldn't know it from the TV ads. Trouble is we have a bunch of spoiled Gen-xers and Gen-Y folks who haven't got the slightest clue about what hardship is. They think the government is supposed to take care of them like mummy and daddy. Well a couple years from now after Patrick and crew have made the state more unfriendly to big business we'll see how well they do at the unemployment office. A state bureau filled with many (I'm sure not all.....but MOST are) complacent lazy people who are cogs in a corrupt careless system. (Has anyone had any experience with someone getting a job through unemployment's help? I'd really like to know... additionally, I'd love to hear stories about difficulties getting paid due to misinformation... I have them that's for certain). Lets bring that joy to healthcare, lets expand the damn organizations that brought us the big dig, and everyone knows what fixes everything.... more money. So get ready.... the big dig came out of the Donkey run era. Expect that more of that.

And you know, the Republican candidate just quite simply doesn't deserve to win... which really screws over everyone in Massachusetts (Unless you work for the government I suppose). How on earth did she win the primary? Kerry Healey has run a lousy campaign that no one seems to care about. The one memorable TV add she has is a joke... not to mention extremely questionable. Shoddy editing and accusing her opponent of supporting a rapist because of discussions with his client?! Who dreamed this stuff up?

Patrick has played his cards well. As much as I don't want him to win, he has taken the high road and this dirty campaign and it will only serve to help him.

Healey comes off as being distant, and arrogant. Its almost as if she believes she deserves to win and so she's not going to exert to much effort.

She will get slaughtered... double digit lead, I predict Christy Mihos... and Ross (Who I was tempted to vote for just out of spite :D) together with Healey, won't even add up to half of the total vote. I'm voting for Healey begrudgingly, because it is my only safe bet.... Patrick will win, I just fear for the worst.

Anyway.... I'd say the sun will come out tomorrow, but it probably won't.

Till then....

No comments: