Saturday, November 11, 2006

WWII Vet - Saturday Slumber

It was a relaxing day today as I slept until 1:00. I must have shut off an alarm clock in my sleep, woke up at 11:00 then went back to sleep. So even though I lost a good chunk of my day, I suppose I definitely needed the extra rest.

I woke up and embarked dutifully on my fairly busy schedule today. The dishes are done and I have a Pot roast cooking in the Crock Pot for tonight when Kate comes over. I used rosemary today in addition to the usual thyme, garlic, and pepper that I use. When I went to Salem with my Mom, Aunts, and Cousin hope in early October, I bought some freshly dried rosemary at one of the herbology places there. Should be tasty. I'm thinking of doing some baking too, although I have a couple of small apartment cleaning items on the to do list, and they take priority.

Last night I found a cool Video- blog series which I may occasionally post from in here. It is a WWII Veteran talking about his time in post war Japan. It is very interesting. He's an excellent story teller, great vocabulary, very sharp. I hope that somehow I can be as remarkably together when I am his age. (I'm not even sure I'm as eloquent or coherent right now to be truthful.)

So... Enjoy, hope your weekend is going well.

No comments: