Sunday, November 12, 2006

Pumpkin Bread Crumbs

Saturday night I made a pumpkin bread. When I took it out of the pan it fell apart and I became very sad.

Luckily Kate came over and the pot roast that I'd been making came out quite nice. Despite the pumpkin bread being pulverized it still tasted good so it was not a total loss.

Today I went to Kittery with the intention of beginning some Christmas shopping. Kate came along and we walked around through a torrential downpour. The forecast of course called for intermittent rain. Despite the deluge, we had a decent time. On the way back to Boston we took a detour into Portsmouth and got supper there. We ate at this quirky place called "The Friendly Toast". It had an eclectic menu with an eclectic decor (and staff). I had a vegetarian burrito, called "The Mission Burrito", Kate had an egg sandwich with a special bread which I want to say was habenero and cheddar, but I'm probably wrong.

I was pretty out of it on the way back to Boston, too over tired from too many nights of little or broken sleep. I missed the turn to get on route 1 because I wasn't paying attention, and it just got worse. I decided it would be best for me to probably cut my night short and get some rest... So as I finish this I'll be headed to the comfort of my bed which will hopefully return some sensibility to my being for the week ahead.

Here's an amusing Rumsfeld clip from CBS's late late show....

No comments: