Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Narcolepsy and big-balled bats

Tonight I did a few groceries when I got in. On the brief car ride for my errand run I listened to John Vanderslice's "Time Travel is Lonely" which may in fact be better than pixel review. I got back to the apartment, ate some food, and fell asleep watching Ken Burn's Brooklyn Bridge documentary. Ain't my life grand?!

So now here I am, having woken up around 1:00 when there was an "Emergency test" by the cable company. It is probably a good thing the shrieking modem noise woke me up. So before I slip back into unconsciousness for the long haul I thought I'd write a bit here.

So Theo is the Red Sox General Manager again. Sucks to be those two shmucks who thought they got the job for a while. But all is well again, I guess.

I'm kind of pissed that Disney bought Pixar. I really wanted Pixar to stick it to Disney, and it appeared they were doing just that when they held out for more money. However if there is a lesson to be learned here, its that little dogs should never bark at great Danes, although that is a crappy lesson in my opinion. If you can stand up to the bullies of the world then we should all give up any prospects of overcoming adversity. Of course one wonders what the quality of Pixar will be now... it already seems to have dropped since the Incredibles. What the hell was that movie about cars? Did that even come out? Was chicken little Pixar? If so it seemed rather lame.

And lastly, for all of those with penis envy, or who somehow felt inadequate because they weren't the "player" they could be, here's some comfort from the world of science. Well, if you are a bat anyway....

When it comes to bats, size matters

Definitely an amusing article, while it does not suggest directly that the brain size/development ratio carries over to primates, I figured we could make our own assumptions on that. :D

No comments: