Monday, January 09, 2006

Quick jaunt up to Maine

My weekend started out nice spending some quality time with Kate. Saturday we parted after going to a little Mom & Pop Italian eatery in Melrose. It is called Curoso's and the pizza was fantastic. I know where I'll get takeout for pizza from now on. One of these days I'll have to go back and have some lasagna or chicken Parmesan or some other lovely dish.

Kate's starting some classes this week which will run for over a month. No more Wednesday night dinner rendevous for a bit... I'll be sad, but I'll get by. :)

I then headed up to Maine listening to my new CDs. I really love the new Strokes CD. I almost think its better than even their first, although I'll need to revisit "Is this It?" to verify. The focus of the trip was to pick up my new computer which I had shipped to my parents since anything other than that would require picking it up at a UPS or Fed-EX location. This would mean taking time off which I was not prepared to do. I'm still sitting here typing away on my old computer, because I'm going to need to do a lot of file transfer. Also I'm going to Polish up this one, so to speak, and bring it up to my parents. It will be an improvement on their Pentium II. Maybe I can get them back on the net, or it will at least encourage them to get a new PC themselves.

Well so its back to work now.. I'll be busy, so I anticipate the week will go by fast.

Have a good Monday everyone!

No comments: