Monday, January 16, 2006

Shifting January Winds

Holy freaking bowel movement it is cold outside! I walked back from Oak Grove to my apartment and I thought my eyes were going to freeze shut and my teeth were going to shatter. Come February that groundhog had better not see its darned tooting shadow.

A splendid weekend was had for the most part. I caught Munich yesterday with Kate, which was quite good.. but a real downer. I found myself almost vocally angry at times at the stupidity of society and the lame "eye for an eye" tradition that perpetuates violence. Of course this is the main focus of the movie, and I was surprised somewhat that it was as critical of Israeli and western response to terrorism as it was. Perhaps I'll write more on this at a later time.

Saturday night was concluded sitting in the upstairs dining area of Wendy's on Boylston street. There were wonderful tones of warmth in the air. Despite the bustle of wealthy middle aged women concluding their Saturday shopping, and in light of the club hoppers getting a jump on their night, there was an interesting ambiance of peacefulness that permeated the air. It was a nice evening of reflection and relaxation in the midst of urban existence.

Today I went into work and tried to help myself get in a better position for the coming week. It was actually rather pleasant being there, working without having to be interrupted, and proceeding at a leisurely pace.

I'm dreaming of the next John Vanderslice album I think I'll pick up at Border's tomorrow. Pixel revolt was one of my best finds in a while. I was sampling his other albums tonight on Amazon, and I think "Time Travel is Lonely" will be my next purchase. Its a few years old too. It is always satisfying to find something of this quality that has been relatively un-promoted.

Lastly... On the world political scene, the latest in Nut jobs, and one of the proud members of W's "axis of evil".... The leadership of Iran is hell bent of causing problems. So much for democratic reform and internal social revolution taking hold in that nation. If nothing else, at least the following is being said. Although I think once upon a time the same thing was said about Iraq.

Senators: Military last option on Iran

The wind is howling, and my bed is beckoning me to be consumed in its comforts. Tomorrow morning will likely bring a brisk, bitter, jaunt to the train. I'm going to thoroughly enjoy my slumber this evening.

To those of you with a day off tomorrow for the National recognition of our country's greatest civil rights figure, Martin Luther King Jr., enjoy your break. May everyone else have a pleasant start to the new work week.

No comments: