Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Busch Gardens

A brief bit on my day... Work was decent. I went to the gym, got home and ate a large pizza, essentially undoing whatever progress I may have made. I did manage 3 miles on the elliptical at 2/3rds tension or so, in just over 21 minutes. I believe that is a record for me. So despite my ever increasing insulation I still managed some aerobic activity of moderate significance... I know, who cares? Hey, but I was pleased. We'll see if any of that carries over into the 5K on Saturday. I just finished watching the Ice Storm, and although it was a great movie it left me a little dreary. Kate your post card was slid under my door tonight! Apparently someone else had it in their mail! Anyway this is the Ocean drive night scene I wanted to capture on film but couldn't.




I'd like to go into a lot of detail once again, however I really don't have the time.
We got up early to head into the park. Greg bought us all bagels... well... sort of. But that goes into too much detail :D.

Jason of course was working when I finally made it into the living room. He had the laptop out and was flipping through channels, probably after a long night of watching on demand uncensored Howard Stern. Jason has the satellite radio in his Camry, and we were privileged enough to listen to various atrocities on our journeys.

Rather than go into too much detail on the day, I think I'm just going to post the pictures to amuse and delight. I will make one note. These first two pictures, the spatial relationship of the people vs. the object, (in these scenarios, animals) was my idea. I thought it would be goofy and fun.



Next we have really big goldfish... or carp as some people insist on calling them.


And then a hungry peacock.


It was a good day, I like Busch gardens better than the Disney theme parks, it is more "adult" not to mention better kept up with better attractions. We did a few rides, saw tons of safari animals & exhibits, learned how to match beer with food, ate junk, saw a campy dance show, a neat little musical. Where Disney and MGM (last year) would be boring the second time around, I could see going back to Busch Gardens and Sea World (both are Anheuser Busch theme parks) and enjoying myself again.

We got back to Orlando late that night after a couple wrong turns. Jason was playing navigator, driver... basically trying to do everything... and I let him, because that is the kind of sheep I am.

A visit to McDonald's and a little T.V. closed out our last night in Orlando before Kate and I hit the hay.

Wednesday already! Wednesday, rejoice!

No comments: