Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Tuesday blurb

Hello,

Not too much to report.

Photos are being developed and I can pick them up tomorrow. Don't ever get a disposable digital camera. Initially I thought it would be a good idea, and I suppose it did have its perks (You could retake your last shot, & preview the picture) However it was just too expensive. The packaging was misleading and the price for prints is much more than getting photos developed. Anyone who knows anything about digital photography knows that if anything the process costs should be limited to the glossy print paper, and the minimal costs of ink, the cd ($1 tops), and the 5 minutes it takes to punch buttons on the PC. 5 minutes is 1/12 of an hour, at the ~CVS wage of $8.50/hr that's $0.71. Lets say the paper cost $4 (an exaggeration) and add a $3 profit. It adds to 8.71, we'll just say 8.99 for the classic store price. How much did CVS charge (excluding the $19 cost of the camera... Which I was mislead to believe would be made up for by cheaper processing... quite the contrary) 15.99, that's right $16... So for $36 dollars. I could have used that for a significant chunk of a digital camera! Live and learn.

Chatted with Caprio a bit tonight, he got a preview of my camera complaints.
No Sox game due to rain :( ---- This not only took some entertainment from me, but hurt my fantasy team, dag nab it!
So I watched "The Life of David Gale" which was OK. Kevin Spacey and Kate Winslet were in it, although I wouldn't hale it amongst the best films for either of these excellent thespians.

Anywhoo...
Hump day already!

No comments: