Monday, December 12, 2005

The Grind continues

Another late night at work. The department head also nominated me to present in our weekly data club meeting. How pleased am I? I'll be doing some last minute power point work and trying to wrap my head around things.

It is really important I try to get in early tomorrow as I have 4, 90 minute experiments to run, not to mention a fair share of data to organize. Today was eaten up by a meeting, and not to mention some aggravation over unfavorable results likely due to un-clean glassware. Prevention of this will likely be additional redundant conductivity checks of solutions and rinses of glassware with sterile water that I really wish I didn't have to do. I tell you, I'm having some of the most stupid luck over the past couple weeks that I've had over my entire career. Computers are malfunctioning, and more or less up seems like it is down and forwards is backward. North is South, East is West, etc.. etc. Then there are the people who seem to finally be recovering from crankiness from our move. At least that is a positive development. I hope it lasts.
Oh, did I mention my performance review is coming up? Great timing.

Yeah... I'll stop bitching and whining at any moment, sure I will.

On a more pleasant note, I had a nice weekend. Kate and I did some shopping for the holidays. I got a few things out of the way at least, hopefully I'll find a way to manage the last couple before the week is out.

In my news reference:

It looks like the Iraqi people are getting a true taste of democracy, awww, isn't it special?

Dirty tricks taint Iraqi elections

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, data club, the very definition of cool..

George N. Parks said...

Please... don't take my misinterpret my sarcasm!