Monday, December 26, 2005

A long December...

And there's reason to believe
maybe this year will be better than the last....

OK, so here is where I'm supposed to write something really profound. I went and saw relatives and old friends and the changing home town. So this, this is where I'm supposed to write about how I've put it all in perspective, and I stand in awe at life and how time flies and such drivel, but honestly I don't feel like it... and this year despite rather obvious changes in the world around me, I feel rather numb to the passage of time. (Wait... is that profound? I'm not quite sure)

Thursday night I slaved away at MLNM (work) until 11:00 pm. I couldn't sleep when I got home, wasn't prepared to leave on Friday for Maine... and ended up not arriving till late afternoon Christmas Eve. I'm going in to work tomorrow which is officially supposed to be a day off (lovely).

The holidays weren't too rough, and for the most part I was actually looking forward to them for a change. I will say Friday I was in limbo. I didn't want to stay in Massachusetts, yet I didn't want to drive to Maine. Essentially I was feeling like nothing in the moment could please me or capture my attention. I was really burnt out, and admittedly I'm not even close to being recovered, although for the most part it was a relaxing holiday.

Today I closed the holiday weekend by visiting with Jason Chaloux at his parents, where he had Alexia, his baby girl. She had grown quite a bit since the last time I saw her. Eric Labelle, another old friend also was there.

Following this my Uncle Fritz treated my father and I to a few beers and some lunch at the new "Gritty's" brew pub in Auburn. It is a great addition to the area, and for the most part looks almost exactly like the Old Port location on the inside. I hung around my parent's till 6:30 or so before ultimately heading out in mixed precipitation for my trek down south. The roads weren't too bad. It probably only took me an extra half hour or so.

I'm tired... yet I don't want to go to bed... because I know time will pass quicker and suddenly I'll be on my way to work.

I wonder what the chances are that I could actually work a 9-5 day tomorrow?

Perhaps tomorrow I'll post some humorous links or political rants, today however I'm a little too melancholy. If nothing else the Patriots are winning.

No comments: