Saturday, December 10, 2005

Watching mice as the snow falls

I put in another long night at work today. Hopefully things will achieve some normalcy again after moving our lab & offices. The work is really spinning into high gear right now.

Quite a blizzard out today here in Beantown. I'd say we got 7-8 inches or so. It was windy and it came down fast. I was sheltered in the confines (actually vast expanses... our building is a high rise with quite a large floor layout) of 35 Landsdowne St. in Cambridge. Oddly today the T (subway) was running like clockwork. I was really expecting it to be ridiculously late.

On the way home, I enjoyed watching the mice forage for morsels and crumbs amongst the subway rails as I waited for the Oak Grove Orange line train to arrive at Downtown Crossing station. From a distance mice are fascinating and even sort of cute. Its just when they get in your living quarters that it really can be aggravating. So far no mice in my Melrose location. I had that bat in my room this summer however, and I'm still recovering from the trauma. I imagine the bat was much more freaked out than I was.

I'm not doing too well on my Christmas shopping. I'm quite behind... It is really sneaking up on me too, and I don't know what to do. ARRRRRGGGHHH... Vertigo setting in.....

OK, In the news (As if this will stop my head spinning).

Clinton: Bush 'flat wrong' on climate

I really think it is time for this Administration to step up to the plate. If they have problems with the Kyoto treaty an alternative that clearly explains the so called "improvements" needs to be put in place by our country. The bottom line is W cares more about share holders of big business then what could happen years from now if we continue burning fossil fuels at the current pace. When I say "what could happen" I'm not just talking climate change, I'm talking serious economic impact if fuel disappears and much of the Nation has not converted to alternative power sources.

Well, one link is enough for tonight. It is the weekend after all!

No comments: