Monday, February 06, 2006

The fine lines of simplicity

My Monday

So I woke up this morning and realized that my head wasn't properly attached. My upward momentum out of my bed caused it to roll onto the floor when I went to shut off my alarm clock. I ran around for a bit headless and blind. I was stumbling and bumping into things before I accidentally unplugged my alarm clock. I found my thick skull when I kicked it and stubbed my big toe. After the panic had subsided I managed to pick it up and fasten it back on with some scotch tape.

Luckily I didn't lose much blood. The cold morning air coupled by my heat being turned down too low restricted my circulation. I had some difficulty fastening the scotch tape, but found that a couple of layers did the trick.


After the neurons figured out how to reconnect with my brain my body mechanically began its venture towards public transportation. I boarded the train along with the other cogs, pawns, and plebians, and basked in the collected misery of an over tired commute to launch a new week. Unfortunately it wasn't until I was boarding the train that I realized that I had no pants. Luckily the winter cold caused severe retreat and successfully prevented me from exposing any genitals.

My day went by slowly as I turned through the motions. I would have liked to accomplish more, however I did leave at 6:00. Six used to mean I stayed at work an extra half hour, now it means I've gotten to go home early.


I hope you enjoyed my stick cartoons. If you were in anyway offended by any of this, by all means, feel free to burn something down in my honor.

No comments: