Friday, February 17, 2006

TGIF

I recently signed up for Netflix. Thus far I've rented "Finding Neverland" which probably everyone has heard of or seen, and "The Machinist". The latter stars Christian Bale looking very emaciated and sickly. I couldn't decide whether he was digitally edited to look this way or if he really got that thin. The movie is sort of part "Memento" part "Fight Club". It is definitely a very cerebral film. For those who like suspense and puzzles, I would highly recommend it. Finding Neverland made me gain a greater appreciation for "Peter Pan". It explores a real life story that was the inspiration for the play, and touches upon various metaphors which are employed by the tale.

Here is a great review on the Machinist, and it answers the question on Christian Bale.... the answer may scare you.

Getting the Skinny on Christian Bale

Friday at last!!

A long weekend too!

No comments: