Thursday, February 23, 2006

Oooooh Pictures....

Tonight I bought myself a scanner. It was a display model and I got $25 knocked off of the price including an extended warranty which wasn't initially included. The scanner rang in incorrectly, and I made sure not to mention it. I should have at least paid probably $100 rather than the $75, even including the 10% off. Bonus.

Work was reasonable today. The two experiments I've been working on finally got accomplished despite the injector on my HPLC being broken. I had to rig a manual injection with a 5 ml sample loop added on at a rather unconventional location. I was kicking it "ole school" style, doing things manually. Much to my surprise it worked and my eluted samples are going through some further testing this evening.

Peachy.

Anywhoo... I decided to test out the scanner, and as I haven't really had time to refine my skills of the software I haven't gotten too creative with these pictures. They are from my trip down to Orlando last year to see Jason Duplissis, my long time compadre from childhood. Kate came with and we did the whole theme park thing plus a day at the beach & Kennedy Space Center. I'm doing a reprisal this year, however I'll be spending a couple days in South Beach, then coming back up to Orlando to see Jason. We are going to Busch Gardens on one day followed by a Sox game in Tampa that night. I'm pretty psyched. Our Sunday, and Monday before the flight remains unplanned. I think Kate is going to try and stir up a plan for that.

This first picture is a shot of some thistle-like plants at the Harry P. Leu gardens. Kate and I went there before finally heading back to the airport on the day we left. It was her idea and it was a free, and pretty fun day. I enjoyed watching turtles and tiny lizards eat, and looking at all of the various palms, flowers and tropical plants.


This next picture is Kate, looking very youthful & chipper on a bright spring Orlando day. This is once again at Harry P. Leu gardens.


This last picture is one of me grasping a hold of Jason's naturally hairless leg at Pleasure Island, Disney's night life area. We are in front of one of the coolest things I've ever seen. It is a giant lego serpent that is coming out of the lagoon behind us. Unfortunately the cheap disposable camera coupled with the scan, did not translate its glory affectively. This picture demonstrates how I may occasionally be embarrassing to be around in public.

I think that I managed to screw up the quality more by messing around with the effects. It looks a bit pixelated, but I really don't have the time or energy to fix it. Imagine.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a snappy weekend.

No comments: