Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I Heart Pizza


Hey there peeps..

The Hallmark holiday has come and gone, and coincidentally the Dow rose above 11,000 on the same day. Can you feel the LOVE! Oh yeah...

Kate and I had a "romantic" dinner at.... um..... UNO's. Hey, they had a all you can eat special on Salad, Pasta and Pizza for only $7.99 Quantity reigned over quality tonight, with the exception of Kate's high caliber company ;D.


I realized tonight that the Chili's that was on Mt. Auburn St. in Harvard Square is no longer there! I guess that is a victory for the anti-franchise folks. I probably noticed this previously but forgot.

Some little, for lack of a better term, bimbo (who I will refer to as "Pinky") was being horrible on the T ride home tonight. She ran into a friend and had valley girl speak to the nth degree. She was wearing a hot pink parka, and I would have pegged her around 25 years old at least. The clincher for me is when she spoke about the Olympics and said the following:

"Get this, um, I like watched the girl's (yes she said girl's, not women's) snow boarding? And now I know why guys don't like male figure skaters. Those girls were like, totally disgusting, like, I mean, like, act like women for Christ's sake. Like, Women don't wear baggy clothes. It like totally pissed me off that figure skating was interrupted for this."

In my head I imagined that at this point Pinky's head suddenly exploded.

First I don't think some dunce in a hot pink puffy parka should be handing out fashion tips. The only thing she was missing was rainbow bright leg warmers. Baggy uniforms are pretty much universal in snowboarding, gender aside. Next, I think she
was trying to imply that aggressive athletic women are lesbians, although I'm sure she was thinking of an alternative term to describe their sexual preferences. I really thought she was going to say it too. I was glaring at her revoltingly, but I think she was way too intoxicated with the sound of her own voice to notice.

Women tackling sports like snowboarding have made tremendous progress and should be commended not criticized. And these women for the most part struck me as girl next door types, not testosterone envious ragers. And hey... I don't think that makes them disgusting even if they are, different strokes for different folks. Pinky on the other hand, Pinky was incredibly loud, and incredibly dim....and what is a word for something that invokes disgust?

Speaking of people who over estimate their self worth:
Poll: Fifth of Americans think calls have been monitored

No comments: