Thursday, February 16, 2006

Pop culture and toxic toads

It was just occurring to me, as I sat on the futon this evening... that the "smart member" of the current administration shot someone in the face in an open field.

Anyway.

Is anyone besides myself sick of this "Date Movie" over promotion? I think the thing looks pretty awful but I thought the same thing about the scary movie flicks, and those were hits. I was watching bad comedies in the big blizzard, instead of doing my taxes or something else useful. Comedy central had Alyson Hannigan, and the no name British dude that's her co-star doing commentary at commercial breaks, and showing clips from their movie. The whole movie is essentially a sequence of spoofs, and bad ones at that.
And is it me, or does Alyson Hannigan have an "Erkle" aftertaste. I think she's always going to have the bandcamp and "Buffy" stigma attached to her until she's fifty. I fully expect her to start getting gigs hosting sci-fi awards and comic book conventions. I'm sure she's made many a lonely greasy "Buffy" fan court possible permanent blindness. But hey, its probably an easy living, just get a good security system and a couple mean guard dogs to keep away the occasional stalker.

And here is my article of interest for the day, and the expression of my true "dorky" self, that I don't exactly hide.

Toxic Toads Evolve Longer Legs, Take Over Australia

Another trick of the devil obviously to try and fool us into believing in evolution. Damn that devil! Oh wait.....

No comments: