Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Unexpected Road

A fine noteworthy article:

Customers cook up trouble with fake penis

And yet another

Psycho Path voted wackiest street name

I kind of like "farfrompoopen rd" myself.

I watched "Donnie Darko" tonight, and it definitely did not disappoint. It made me chuckle more than a few times. It kept me guessing, was very original, and had some great plot twists. I highly recommend it. It has a heavy sci-fi taste to it, but unlike many, (about 2/3 at least) the story overcomes any campiness that it may encompass. I'd categorize it more as a psychological thriller/drama with a bit of dark comedy, before I'd bill it as a sci-fi flick because I know the genre often brings about some negative connotations. I think sci-fi must be one of the most difficult genres to direct. You have to make it believable and captivate a increasingly cynical modern audience so they don't sit there rolling their eyes for 2 hours.

Tuesday here I come! Slumber time!

No comments: