Sunday, February 12, 2006

Oh Yeah, its Winter....


And so Old Man winter snuck up from behind and reminded me that I live in New England. At least I hear it will be warm this week.

For the most part it was a decent weekend. Supergrass Friday Night! It was a good show. I drank a bit too much, but for the most part it wasn't a bad evening. I missed the T back to Melrose and had to take a taxi. The taxi meter said $35 and change all thought that included starting from $3 and a wrong turn. The driver charged us thirty but unfortunately Jess & I ended up forking $40 over. Around 1:00 pm Jess headed out to see an old high-school friend who we had drank with a bit the previous night, and ultimately I got around to officially waking up late in the afternoon. After cleaning up and running a few errands I made it over to Brookline to hang out with Kate in the calm before the storm. After lounging about a bit, Kate introduced me to a fabulous little joint called "Eagle's Deli" which I think must be just over the Brighton line, but is only a block or two from her place. This review from the Boston Phoenix is a bit dated, but probably the best out of the couple I scanned through: EagleƂ’s Deli: Classic fare takes flight

Sunday was extremely lazy, but probably helped me get caught up on some well needed sleep. My one activity of the day was leaving the apartment to walk to Wyoming Square and pick up a pizza I ordered. Its not even a block from my complex so it didn't involve too much exposure to the elements. The commute to work tomorrow should be a blast.

Anyway Have a good Monday Everyone!

No comments: